Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 started off with a jolt. I woke up and noticed an absence of Shaun. I realized that this way was the long awaited 11/9. The day Call of Duty Black Ops came out! I jumped out of bed and got dressed and was running out the door, realized Spanky was in the shower and shouted a farewell as I sprinted past the door. I made 3 wrong turns I was so excited but finally upon getting back I played and it was as good as anticipated maybe even better. After a little bit if that, a little bit of malt-o-meal and a while lotta 2 Fast 2 Furious, I burned out again on my way to Spanky's school. I hung out there for a good amount of time and finally had to say farewell.
I went back to the apartment, packed up and left. When I did my heart did something unexpected. It hurt deeply. I didn't want to go home to Colorado. Usually some emotion would be one of regret as if I didn't take advantage of the time I had. This time however I had no regrets and didn't want to leave the connection I had made in a relatively short time. My heart ached and I came very close to crying.
I wasn't quite embarking on my trip home yet. I stopped in Diamond Bar Calvary Chapel to see a good friend Steven Cameron. I'd only hung out with Steven a total of 3 times but the Lord clearly has brought him into my life as a very influential person. He's a guy that easily respectable and clearly is striving for eternal treasure. We spent some some at his job in the bookstore at the church then went to Starbucks spending time that wasn't allowances but I was happy to give up. After the fellowship I had to yet again say good yet and my distracted sadness once again surfaced but even more so this time.
The drive back was rather regular and I was able to stay awake the whole way home (except for a few seconds that the Lord protected me in). When I got home I had been awake for 31 hours straight and I went 40 before sleeping at work.
Overall the trip was amazing and exceeded all expectations by miles. I am so blessed to have Shaun Jorgensen in my life and his generous hospitality and I am able to say that I have no regrets for the trip and it was such a nice vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment