Friday, November 5, 2010

Day Two

Got to sleep in today! Yesterday I bought some malt-o-meal and wanted to make some for breakfast this morning. This turned out to be more difficult than expected. A little background: when I first arrived Wednesday night with a quarter box of triscuits and some honey roasted peanuts that was more food than all of what Shaun had in his apartment. All he had was a can of chicken noodle soup. Thats it. Apparently he doesn't really eat. This morning...me: "Hey man, where are the measuring cups?" Spanky: "uhhhh" me: "Do you have measuring cups?" Spanky: "Don't think so." Luckily we found some stashed away in plastic wrap and I was able to measure out water for the malt-o-meal. Me: "Dude do you have salt?" Spanky: "Nope."
Finally around 1 we packed up and went to the beach because we'll be in Palmdale all weekend long.
The beach was awesome. Walking around a corner in Huntington Beach the salty air hit me full in the face. It was a beautiful thing. I could hear the foreign noise of waves crashing as we walked up. The tide was way out and we walked down the pier to see the large crowd of suffers waiting for a good wave.



I got to see the Hyatt and Hilton I cover at work.


Then we headed up the 405 to Palmdale where Spanky's parents live.



Tomorrow we're going on an off-road 50 mile race! It should be not too hard and a whole lot of fun! And we'll be "camping" in their 26 foot trailer Saturday night!
We took out the "RZR" off-road vehicle on a quick side street ride. Then went to BJ's for pazookies. It was delicious.
When we got back. We worked on the lights a little on the RZR.



Tomorrow's gonna be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment