Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Season

Thanksgiving came again this year heralding in the holiday season of which I so vocally despise. So then, what am I thankful for this year? As I've taken stock over the past few days I find I easily see the negatives to this season. I don't like the weather. I'm not a fan of the false masks of happiness and humanitarianism that people put on for one month of the year. And I'm not a fan of the inevitable family disputes. However this season I know how I can be thankful. I will choose what to focus on and take joy in. I am thankful for my family that is close enough to bug me-my closest friends aren't that close. I'll enjoy and appreciate the good cheer and good deeds even though I'll miss them the other 11 months. I'll listen to Christmas music before the 23rd. But most of all, I'll enjoy and thank God for the original Christmas present, His Son that was sent and brought the best news. More importantly I'll try to live by that for the additional 11 months of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment